Thursday, September 11, 2008

8 Months!

I'm now 8 1/2 months pregnant and can't believe you are coming so soon. It's also hard to imagine my belly getting any bigger than it is right now. Here is a preggo pic of mom that your dad took to mark the 8 months. So far the pregnancy has been relatively good, and as excited as I am to meet you, I'm really going to miss being pregnant. Strangers are always smiling at me, people fight to take my bag down on airplanes, if someone spills in a coffee shop, they run over to clean it up, so I won't fall. I'm going to miss the extra attention and kindness for sure. I also love feeling you wiggle around all day. You continue to move around like crazy, causing your dad to always ask "what is he working on in there?" I love to sit down and watch my stomach move from side to side. Your dad said that I have a new habit of grunting a lot. Walking up the stairs, flipping over in bed and getting out of chairs are all things that used to be a lot easier for me.

Your dad and I went to see Dr Yee today and she said you are progressing perfectly and are now in the 'head down' position and ready to eject. Your heart sounded as strong as ever and your growth is on track. We talked about all the hospital logistics and got the phone number to call when labor starts and we are on our way! We then headed over to the presidio to do a little photo shoot of you in my belly.

I get asked by pretty much everyone I know or meet what my food 'craving' is since I've been pregnant, and honestly there are more aversions than cravings. I used to be a big fan of eating, and now it's more of a necessity rather than a luxury. I've heard that changes right after birth, so I'm excited for my appetite back. Nectarines have been my craving for sure. I can't pass one at a farmers market or an outdoor grocery display without buying one. They seem to taste better this season than ever. Your Grandma Marci brought me a huge box of them a couple weeks ago and they went alarmingly fast. Your Grandma Marci had the exact same craving when she was pregnant with me, which I thought that was pretty ironic.

In other news, I bought you another pair of shoes yesterday. I've temporarily forgotten about my own shoe obsession, and am focusing on shoes for you. They are so cute, and so small. My favorite are the ones that look like Daddy's shoes, and I can just imagine you guys together. I realize that most of your shoes will never be walked on, but I really can't resist.



1 comment:

Al said...

woah belly!! you better tell baby mick not to come before i get back from Europe!!