Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Telling the Fam


Keeping you a secret was hard. Your Aunt Bobi called me one morning while I was still in bed, and she said enthusiastically "I had a dream you announced you were pregnant, anyway, it was funny, we were all really excited!". All I could respond was, "Huh, how weird". I was in shock. We hadn't told a soul. I was still processing the information myself, and here she was already anticipating your arrival.

After our first 'ultrasound' of you - which was more like us looking at a screen of a kidney bean with a beating heart, we felt a lot more comfortable with the situation and decided to make plans with your grandparents to tell them the news. Grandma and Grandpa Stilwell were so excited they could hardly believe it. We spent a fun weekend with them planning and getting advice. Grandma and Grandpa Mickelson were equally excited, and glad that they were finally going to have a grandchild close by to them!

Knowing that you'll be born with 15 cousins guarantees that your life will be filled with entertainment. They are all of course eagerly awaiting your arrival.

Shortly after I found out about you, I decided to make this video.

Baby Video

I thought it would be a cute way to tell the family we were 'expecting'. Your dad talked me out of it, he was excited and wanted to tell everyone in person/on the phone. You'll notice soon that your dad likes to shoot down all of my best ideas..

No comments: