Sunday, February 17, 2008

We're Pregnant!

We spent the weekend celebrating the upcoming birth of your future friend Baby Wolpert. The shower/party was a hit, and everyone had lots of fun buying pink frilly things for Baby Grace.

Auntie Meg told me a couple times that weekend that she 'had a feeling' I was pregnant. I told her about our negative test the weekend before and (always the optimist) she told me to try again. I resisted because I didn't want to be disappointed. Finally, after all the dust had settled and your Dad and I were relaxing on the couch after the fun weekend, I got up and went to the restroom. I opened the drawer and the extra test from Santa Barbara was staring at me. I figured I might as well take it, it's sitting there.. but had no expectations.


I took the test and two lines appeared!! It was telling me that I was pregnant! I can't really remember what happened next - all I know was I was screaming your Dad's name over and over from the bathroom. He was on the phone with your uncle Brian. After hearing me scream, he quickly told Brian that he had to go - NOW. Your dad knew before I even told him. He came into the bathroom, closed the door, looked at the test, and we both cried.

I can't tell you how incredibly excited we were (and scared!). After our moment of disbelief and joy, we quickly put ourselves together, threw on sweatshirts and raced two blocks away to our local Walgreens and bought more tests-just to make sure. All different brands, with all different ways of telling us the good news 'pink circle' on one, the word 'pregnant' on another, etc.. After that, we were sure. We were going to be parents. A little mini-me would be running around in 9 months, and we loved you already.

Love,
Mom

No comments: