Thursday, October 16, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby

Over the last several months, we've learned that there is definitely a lot that goes into preparing for a baby, and your dad and I have been participating in all of it. We're having so much fun getting ready for you. Setting up the nursery, reading all the pregnancy and childcare books, labor and baby classes and getting flu shots to keep you healthy. I'm even watching the tv show documentary "Bringing Home Baby' on TLC as I'm writing this.. We've also been spending a lot of time in baby stores, trying to figure out exactly what the heck you are going to need. Of course, once we figure out something that we need for you, there are about 10 options, so figuring out which one is a challenge also. I'm pretty sure we are just going to have to learn along the way with you.. sorry about that.

As you can see your dad is quite a handy man - lucky for us. Hopefully he will teach you to be handy too, and I'll never have to go to a hardware store with your dad again... Here he is putting together your crib (without instructions!). I love your crib, it's a hand-me-down (one of many) from your older twin cousins Aidan and Brendan. Baby Conor doesn't need 2 cribs, so basically you and Conor get to be the recipients of lots of their cool stuff. I can't wait for you to meet them and play with them. They are going to teach you all kinds of things like how to knock stuff over and how to run around in circles screaming and laughing. I'm pretty sure you'll have fun.

Here are some pictures of your dad and I on the last of our McMoyler Method baby classes. We brought lots of snacks and big pillows for mom to sit on. You are awfully big, so sitting for any length of time is a challenge. We now feel confident that we are armed with all of the knowledge we need to keep you safe and healthy. Hopefully we'll never have to use the 'Infant CPR' that we learned at class.



Here's your dad carrying the heavy stuff up the hill to the car.. Mom is a slow walker these days, and the hills in SF make getting around a bit more challenging.

2 comments:

Nicole Marie said...

tell him it's ok to come out and play now!
:)

BenJenKids said...

OK, I'm all caught up on your blog now (didn't know it existed, but a very cute story for baby!) So I need to see pictures!! Grandma Elaine told us he came, but I want pictures!! If you'd like to read our blog, it's by invite only--privacy & safety for the kids, you know! Send me your email benjen@xmission.com. And Congratulations!!!